24 August 2008 14:20

For the first time since I arrived in Africa I have my headphones on and I am basking in the american glory of... Hannah Montana? Who the heck loaded this iPod? The random shuffle started with Usher. It was a little too african. Now that is pathetic.

This morning we went to church at faith mission. It was everything you would expect a north Ugandan charismatic church service to be. Esther and Felix graciously took us to the early "English" service, which, I have a feeling, is also the service for the upper class and more well educated congregation. It is nice to see the caste system alive and flourishing somewhere.

(author's side note: after a having been saved from religion and then suddenly re-immersed in it, it is an ongoing war with the jaded cynic in my head.)



No comments:

Post a Comment